We all know the face of the 45th President of the United States of America, who’s been elected on this 8th of November; but do you really know his programm? his political party? or even his life before the presidential election?
Donald Trump :
- Born and rased in New York in 1946 (70 years old). Trump is of German ancestry on his father’s side and Scottish ancestry on his mother’s side; all four of his grandparents were born in Europe.
- Son of Fred Trump, property developer of New York and cofoundator of Elizabeth Trump & Son
- Bachelor’s degree in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1968
- In 1971 he was given control of his father Fred Trump’s real estate and construction firm and later renamed it The Trump Organization, rising to public prominence shortly thereafter.
- President of the organization in 1973. That year, he and his father drew wider attention when the Justice Department alleged that they were discriminating against blacks who wanted to rent apartments, rather than merely screening out people based on low income as the Trumps stated.
- Well-know for building his Empire and his reputation alongside prestigious towers which are usually named « Trump ». Most of them, such as the Trump Tower, are situated in New York’s state; there are mostly skyscraper but there’s also casinos, for instance The Big Casino in Atlantic City, The Trump Taj-Mahal
- Trump has appeared at the Miss USA pageants, which he owned from 1996 to 2015, and has made cameo appearances in films and television series.
- He sought the Reform Party presidential nomination in 2000, but withdrew before voting began.
- He hosted and co-produced The Apprentice, a reality television series on NBC, from 2004 to 2015.
- Listed by Forbes as the 324th wealthiest person in the world, and 113th in the United States, with a net worth of $4.5 billion. Trump himself claimed his net worth was over $10 billion
- Personnal life : Trump has five children by three marriages, and has eight grandchildren. Trump’s troubled marriage to Ivana (his first wife) and affair with actress Marla Maples had been reported in the tabloid press.
- Religion: In February 2016, following a visit to Mexico, Pope Francis said the following when asked about Trump: « A person who thinks only about building walls—wherever they may be—and not building bridges, is not Christian (…) I’d just say that this man is not Christian if he said it this way (…) We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt ». Consequently, Trump responded that it was « disgraceful » for the Pope to question his faith, suggesting that the Mexican government was « using the Pope as a pawn » for political purposes, « because they want to continue to rip off the United States. »Trump added that « if and when » Islamic State attacks the Vatican, the Pope would have « wished and prayed » Trump were President.
- Sexual misconduct allegations : Two days before the second presidential debate, a 2005 recording surfaced, made on a studio bus while preparing to film an episode of Access Hollywood. On the tape, Trump is heard bragging about forcibly kissing and groping women : « I just start kissing them », he says, « I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it, you can do anything … grab them by the pussy. »
- Donald Trump’s progam vs shocking words :
Trump’s updated program :
Protect the economic well-being of the lawful immigrants already living here by curbing uncontrolled foreign worker admissions
· Select immigrants based on their likelihood of success in the U.S. and their ability to be financially self-sufficient.
· Vet applicants to ensure they support America’s values, institutions and people, and temporarily suspend immigration from regions that export terrorism and where safe vetting cannot presently be ensured.
· Enforce the immigration laws of the United States and restore the Constitutional rule of law upon which America’s prosperity and security depend.
Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall.
What he said :
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring crime. They’re rapists… »
“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
During the last Republican debate, he said he no longer wanted to prohibit the sale of assault rifles. He is also a life member of the National Riffle Association (NRA). After the November 13 attacks, Trump had published a series of tweets on the subject: « If the people so violently slaughtered in Paris had had rifles, at least they would have had a chance to defend themselves. » Is it not interesting that the tragedy of Paris took place in one of the most firm countries in the world concerning the control of firearms? Favorable to abortion. He gradually hardened his position and now says « pro-life ». He wants to cut subsidies to health facilities that practice abortion. Against the protection of the planet and the environment One sentence summarizes his position: « The concept of climate change was created by and for the Chinese to make the US industry uncompetitive. » He talks about global warming as a « very expensive bullshit » and believes that « our planet is freezing. »
He wants to cut them off at the EPA, the environmental protection agency he sees as « an obstacle to growth and employment ».
The billionaire wants to repeal the so-called Obamacare law, which guarantees affordable medical coverage to all Americans. It proposes a mechanism for saving health accounts and wants to replace Medicaid, which offers health insurance to the most deprived, by subsidies paid to the States and then distribute them.